It's Derby day at Epsom downs, and the Sheridans are on the scene-Charles to take photographs, Kate to gather information for her latest novel. But the race becomes life-and-death when one of the jockeys doesn't make it to the finish line...
- "Well researched, Death at Epsom Downs takes an intriguing look at late Victorian high society. The interplay between Charles and Kate is always a delight to read, and the Jersey Lily will also fascinate readers." —Romantic Times Magazine
- "Even-tempered prose, period conversation, historical characters, dialect, and culture makes this a solid addition to the series." —Library Journal
- "A neatly-plotted tale of mayhem among the racing set...a clever, richly-detailed whodunit. Readers who like their historical mysteries on the lighter side will find much to enjoy here." —Publishers Weekly
- "An original and intelligent sleuth... a vivid recreation of late Victorian England." —Jean Hager
- "Eminently satisfying... intricate mystery. Delightful pair of
sleuths. A wonderful sense of atmosphere and place." —Gothic Journal