Susan Wittig Albert
April 2007 Book Tour
Spanish Dagger, China Bayles #15
Invitation to Submit Appearance Requests
Deadline: September 30
Susan and her assistant, Peggy Moody, are beginning to plan Susan's April 2007 book tour through the Southwest: Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Southern California. They invite you to submit your requests for Susan's appearance on behalf of your herb/garden group, book club, library, educational group, or other organization. Please forward this information to anyone you think might be interested.
Some general information:
- Susan does not charge a speaker's fee for events associated with her tour, and her publisher usually assumes the cost of transportation and accomodations. She makes her own travel plans and arrangements.
- Organizations may not charge for the event (except to cover the cost of any meals served), and it must be open to the general public, preferably at a location that does not charge a separate admission fee.
- Susan's program. You will be able to select from three program topics: herbs/gardening, mysteries, or (more generally) about the writing life she shares with her husband. Her talks are usually about 35 minutes long, with 20 minutes for questions.
- PLEASE READ THIS! Since your event will be part of a book tour, it MUST include a book sale and book signing. Your organization may purchase and sell books as a fundraiser (arrangements may be made through Susan's publisher, or through another book distributor), or you may arrange with a local bookstore to sell books. If you are expecting a large attendance (over 75) and are not experienced in managing the book sales at your events, we prefer that a bookstore handle the sale. We cannot confirm Susan's appearance at your event until bookselling arrangements are made and approved.
- Susan will provide publicity information to help you publicize the event in your local media, to ensure the largest possible turnout.
- Since these events are part of an extensive tour, it will most likely be IMPOSSIBLE to schedule a talk on your organization's regular meeting date, or on a day of your choosing. If you must specify a date (and especially if it is the only date possible for your group), your chance of being selected will be much reduced.
- If you represent a business (a small locally-owned bookstore, herb shop, plant nursery, etc.) and would like to host an event, your best bet is to work with local groups (garden/herb clubs, libraries, etc) to organize a co-sponsored event where you are the bookseller. Preference will be given to group-sponsored events over those proposed by businesses.
To request consideration for an event, fill out the tour event request form as soon as possible, and NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 30. Planning has already begun, and some events may need to be confirmed early.
Deadline: September 30
Notification Date: November 1. In some special cases, we may be able to notify you earlier.
Last updated: 09/14/2006